Friday, May 2, 2008

Whoops!

I didn't ever post the tournament results like I promised. Sorry.

So, to catch up, Megan and I went 5-1 in the preliminary rounds at the Bay Village tournament. We found out that we were actually in a semi-final round vs. Paul Miller and Rachel Shoff, who are two really nice people from our club. Neither Megan, Rachel, Paul, or me thought that we were doing well enough to be in the semifinals. Paul and Rachel beat us making our record 5-2. We didn't really have any evidence, and that was our downfall. Their case is a comparative advantage case which is really hard to defend against, because it acknowledges that the status quo is doing well, but could be improved upon. I am currently getting some evidence in case we have to go against them at Cedarville. My speech events were kind of mediocre this time. I am going to practice a lot more next week. But debate was so surprising. 3 Cleveland teams were in the semifinals. We totally dominated. And the fact that Megan and I are novices this year blew everyone away. We beat Joe Griffith and Elliot Gaiser, who are one of the best debate teams in CCA. But, I am trying not to get ahead of myself. We still have one more tournament to go.

Yesterday was my Dad's birthday, so we are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate. And the Cavs are going to obliterate the Wizards tonight at 7:00. We'll see how it goes.


Uh..I forgot a picture of the week. Hold on...here we go.
1. Aragorn and Gandalf...duh!
2. Probably my favorite Lord of the Rings photo. Completely captures the character of Aragorn.

No comments: