Tuesday, July 15, 2008

This is embarassing...

I haven't blogged since May! Oh well. I can only catch up now.

I just got back from a trip to Gettysburg. My whole family went with my brother's boyscout troop. It was very interesting, since I didn't get to see much last time due to the torrent of rain. This trip kind of awakened me to the horrific reality of war- especially Napoleonic warfare. Which is-for those who don't know the term- walking in straight lines, shoulder to shoulder, and shooting at eachother. It's a shame that a sense of honor back then convinced these men that any other type of fighting was cowardly. So many deaths could have been prevented if they had thought of a different strategy. Anyway, I still can't justify the reasoning behind Pickett's Charge, which was a charge across an open field straight into enemy fire/artillery. But, I guess I am glad that armies don't do the same thing today.

I also went to a mock legislative camp at Patrick Henry College about two weeks ago. I learned Parliamentary Procedure (how to speak or make a motion in Congress) and a lot of other things. In a week, we experienced a microcosm of the House of Representatives, national disaster, and a Presidential campaign. Also, we went to Washington D.C. to watch the Fireworks on the Fourth of July. That was truly amazing.

Other events of note...The new Relient K cd came out. I haven't listened to the whole thing, but there are some great songs so far.

I got House M.D. season one from the library. My mom, Cassidy, and I are really enjoying it.

My blog is due for a redesign...I will think of something.

The Dark Knight is out in 3 days! Wahoo for midnight showings!

I am off to Cincinnatti next week for a mission trip. I might be able to squeeze in a blog before I leave for SpringHill- which is the week after that.

No comments: