Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I am bad at keeping promises...

So, I promised to blog weeks ago. I guess today is really the first day I have had any free time AND thought about blogging in the least bit. I am sitting in the lobby of Lakeland Community College. I have Spanish I in about an hour, so I thought that I would sit down and blog on my new laptop with wireless. It is really cool to have wireless, by the way.

So first, I should go over my school schedule for this year. On Mondays and Wednesdays, I take Spanish I and Trig here at Lakeland. I have Latin II online on Tuesdays, and Church History online on Wednesdays. I am also continuing with Worldview- finishing Calvin's Institutes within the next week. I dropped Great Books IV this year, since it was practically identical to my Worldview course. I am taking a C.S. Lewis class, Accounting, Music, and Anatomy at co-op. And my fun course is the Lord of the Rings Lit. Analysis. For now, I think that's it. I am most likely not debating this year, but I will do at least two speech events.

Secondly, my soccer team is doing really well this year. We won our first two games, and since there are only four teams in our division, it's safe to say that we are easily the best team. I like my teammates a lot more after playing with them. It seems I always have bad first impressions of people, and then end up liking them a lot. I started reffing again, which is good because I had no way of making money for awhile.

Thirdly, The Dark Knight was amazing! I saw it opening night, and again about two weeks ago. This movie combines all the essential qualities of character development, mind blowing action scenes, and emotional triggers. The Joker was seriously the best villain I have ever seen! It is kind of easy to see how Heath Ledger died, now that I have seen the movie. To be immersed in the character of the Joker for a year or so would be very depressing. No wonder he couldn't sleep at night. What makes the Joker interesting is that he isn't the typical villain. He has no motivation for the things he does, except that he wants to "watch the world burn." (in the words of Alfred) He would be content fighting Batman for eternity, just to watch the chaos that arises from the struggle. Christian Bale was once again amazing as Batman. He really should get more praise for the work that he does. Now he is in Heath Ledger's shadow, so he doesn't get much recognition for his performance. The one thing that I would change about the movie is the girl they chose for Rachel. (The girl was not a great actress, and was not very pretty either- which doesn't usually matter to me, except that this is Bruce Wayne's love interest we are talking about! She has to be beautiful!) I loved the moral dillemas presented in this film, and can't wait for the next movie!

This blog is getting kind of long, so I will save Mission Trip and Spring Hill comments for another day.

But I do have to mention the Cavs/LeBron/The Olympics. The Cavs traded Joe Smith and Damon Jones for Mo Williams from the Milwaukee Bucks. This was a good trade and finally gets Cleveland a decent point guard. Also, the U.S. Men's Basketball team won the Gold thanks to LeBron, Dwayne Wade, and Kobe Bryant. I was really excited to see LeBron get his first Gold medal. Also, Michael Phelps and the U.S. swim team were amazing! It was so cool to watch Phelps win race after race, and finally get 8 Gold medals!

That is all for now, and I promise that will get to my other summer exploits in the near future.

No comments: