Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bored...

I haven't posted in a really long time. I decided to catch up today since I am completely bored right now.

First off, congrats to the Steelers! I didn't really think that the Steelers would make it to the Superbowl this year. As the season went on, I saw how the sports writers were all dead wrong. I laughed the other day as I was reading through old Plain Dealer sports pages and saw that the Browns were projected to clinch the AFC East division over the Steelers. I would say that based off of the preseason predictions, the Browns were the most underwhelming team during the regular season. Anyway, I got to watch the Superbowl while I was on vacation in Tennessee. It was weird, because we were the only Steelers fans in the restaurant, but we were most definitely the loudest. It was fun. I have to admit, I was a little nervous when Larry Fitzgerald scored that last touchdown. I even told my mom that I was going to go back up to the hotel room to watch the rest of the game. (I know, I am a bad fan...I was just too nervous to be down there with all of those Cards fans!) But then, Santonio Holmes and Ben Roethlisberger fulfilled the first half of my perfect year...that touchdown drive was one of the best I have ever seen. Now, the Cavs just have to win the NBA Championship, and I will have had the most amazing year of my life!

Speaking of the Cavs, the team is 47-12, first in the Eastern Conference, about to clinch the Central Division, and has the same amount of losses as the Lakers. WOW! I know everyone else is saying wow because they can't believe that I haven't blogged about this yet. Word just came in that Joe Smith is re-signing with the Cavs tomorrow. Hopefully Joe can help fill Ben Wallace's spot while he heals from a broken leg. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I really think that this team can win in the playoffs bigtime. We are all set for the number one seed in the East, and I think that whoever we play in the East, we can beat...soundly. Not only do I love this team because they win ;), I love the team chemistry and how all the players seem to be really decent guys. Even if they weren't "my" team, I think that I would still cheer for them.

I will be sending in my application to the Honors Program at Liberty by Thursday. Hopefully, I get in. I already applied to Grove City, but don't hear back from them until the 15th. (of March, that is.)

And now, there are only 8 days until my 18th birthday! How crazy is that? It's really surreal. I guess I always expect to feel older or different on my birthday, but I never do. The thing about turning 18 is that I think I should be acting more like an adult, which probably won't happen. My parents probably wish that I would.

I think that is it for now. I just wanted to update when I saw that I hadn't blogged for 6 months! Next time, I will update with a post about ideas, not events. But I can't count out my sports segment. Too many good things are happening! (never thought I would say that!)

1 comment:

4boys and a princess said...

HAPPY B-DAY!!!! We are looking forward to spending time with you at Spring Hill.
The Adamses