Sunday, January 20, 2008

why do people like John McCain so much?

Yesterday, Nevada and South Carolina had their primaries. I am very stoked and relieved that Mitt Romney won Nevada. However, I am utterly disappointed and otherwise feeling ill that John McCain won South Carolina.
John McCain does not deserve to call himself a Republican or a Conservative. His proposed immigration bill, McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Bill, and his views on Global Warming (It doesn't exist!!!) forever marr his candidacy in my opinion.
Mike Huckabee is excellent on life issues and other social things, but his policies on the economy/finance stink. He also seems to put forth the view of a "nanny state" where the government gives you everything that you need.
Fred Thompson is endorsed by Human Events, which I don't understand. He lacks the...what should I call it..."oomph" needed to convince the American people that he is qualified to be their Commander-in-chief. Everyone thought that he won the last debate, but I beg to differ. Thompson- since he has not won a primary yet, and will not win Florida in real life or anyone's wildest dreams- is just stealing votes from other candidates that can actually win. Mr. Thompson, I think the best you can hope for is a vice-presidency run.
Now, I cannot say enough good things about Mitt Romney. He is the president that America needs right now. If the Republican party is looking for the "second Ronald Reagan," I think that this is their best bet. Romney is good on life, immigration, terrorism, the economy, and tax cuts as well. The one thing I would change about him is his Mormonism, but even with that factor, he is the best candidate.
Now we are all waiting for that Florida primary that is a major deciding factor. Giuliani hopes to win there, but I think the real race will be between Huckabee, McCain, and Romney.

No comments: