Hmm...
I have been thinking a lot the past few hours. Many topics and thoughts have randomly passed through my brain.
I passed my driving test on Tuesday. So I guess that has had me thinking about the significant implications of my pass-age.
I went to youth group, and we discussed the parable of the shrewd manager in Luke 14. I think that it is chapter 14, actually chapter 16...I just looked it up. It was interesting to see Matt's (my youth pastor) view of it. The "new take" on this parable reminded me of Amazing Grace. Do you remember the scene where William Wilberforce's friend James suggests, "We cheat!"? And then, the abolitionists take out the slave trade with a rather uninteresting bill. This ended up allowing the final vote to abolish the slave trade! Matt did not mention this in his talk tonight, but he did say that we need to be fresh and "shrewd," if you will, in our Christian life. We can't sit around and be mediocre Christians. We must act, and be creative in our presentation to the world. I honestly think that this is amazingly profound.
Ok, next thing. The Cavs!!! What the heck just happened? I am in shock if you haven't noticed. So LeBron gets MVP and the East wins the All-Star game. Great. Daniel 'Boobie' Gibson gets MVP of rookies vs. sophmores game. Woohoo. Boobie also gets 2nd place in 3 point competition. Awesome dude! So overall, a great week (minus the loss to the Rockets on Tuesday) But then...today. Dun, Dun, Dun!?!?!? We give away Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall, Ira Newble, Shannon Brown, AND Cedric Simmons. That is 6 players people! I don't care whether they were all-stars or not, this means Danny Ferry must have acquired some GOOD players. These new guys must be AMAZING. Unfortunately, I am not quite convinced Mr. Ferry. Mr. Gilbert, what is your issue? Well, due to salary cap issues, lack of a proper point guard, and some defensive disatisfaction, we now have...DRUM ROLL...Ben Wallace, Wally Szczerbiak, Delonte West, and Joe Smith. (Wallace and Smith of the Chicago Bulls, and Wally and Delonte from the Seattle SuperSonics) Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Shannon Brown, and Cedric Simmons are now Chicago Bulls, and Ira Newble and Donyell Marshall will now wear the uniforms of the SuperSonics. We also have acquired a 2nd Round Draft pick in 2009. Good deal? You tell me, I have no clue. All I know is that we have a significantly better chance of winning the Eastern Conference and tearing down those dreaded Celtics. Maybe people are wondering when I got interested or even informed about NBA basketball and the procedures involved. Well, you can thank LeBron and crew, my beloved Cavaliers. Unfortunately, I get attatched to my players. Thankfully, Danny Ferry did not lose enough brain cells to trade Anderson Varejao- Wild Thing, Aleksander Pavlovic-Sasha, or Zydrunas Ilgauskas- Big Z or the Large Lithuanian. If that would have happened, well, we won't discuss the negative effects equivalent to nuclear war and destruction here on this little blog.
If you skipped that last paragraph, I don't blame you. It might sound like a bunch of gibberish. But be on your guard, my Cavaliers fanaticism is only starting. You must know that the NBA playoffs are very close at hand and I will reference my players often. I will want to see some production from the new additions to the Cavs' crew.
And if you haven't bought the new Sanctus Real cd, go buy it now. I beg of you! You will not be disappointed my friends.
And I have a new interest in the show House M.D. Hugh Laurie is hilarious and amazing at acting. The show has some cautions-some inappropriate content, but the show is downright laughter-inducing. Tomorrow marks a new episode, but also is a Cavs game...which to watch, which to watch. I know! I will watch the first half of the game, and then House will come on and I will watch it. If any of the game is left, I will then watch that after the show. Yay!
hmmm...any other news to speak of? Right now, I think not.
"Just remember, that your old man, walked Ben Wade to that station-when no one else would."
-Dan Evans
What an example of honor and courage. 3:10 to Yuma is an amazing movie.
Doves, Needtobreathe, and The Redeemer
-
Alright, shoot me. It’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything. Can I
use the excuse of having two full-time kids and a job that keeps me up late
shak...
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment